Monday, February 20, 2012

What's Warped Now: Recycled Curtains

Hey all! Sorry for not posting last week, but hopefully I can make up for it this week with the news that I made my first sale on Etsy last week! A lovely customer bought my Brown Shimmer scarf. Also, my Jewel Tone scarf was featured in the Just Jeweltones treasury. So I've still been busy, even though I wasn't weaving.

But I'm back to it this week. For a while now, I've been wanting to try some weaving projects with stuff other than yarn. When my roommate and I moved into our apartment, we picked out these cool blue patterned curtains:



We had some remnants left over, which I've kept in my closet for just such a project. This project was just an experiment to see how the remnant, cut into strips, would react while being woven. It's always good to do tests-- something that, in my impatience to get a project started, I often overlook. But now I have a much better idea how to use this the next time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment